LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  January 2000, Week 2

PARKINSN January 2000, Week 2

Re: feelings

Sherri Wolf <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 01:13:12 -0500

text/plain

Hi, those stiff mornings are not fun! but, the best thing I did 2.5 yrs
ago was get a dog.....yep, great friend, AND HE KEEPS ME MOVING! by 7:00
a.m. or 7:30 a.m. we are out.....sometimes feeling good, sometimes not, but
WE ARE WALKING, MOVING! IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. If you
are at all able to accommodate a pet....do it....any kind will require some
care, i.e.: movement. I find I feel better much more quickly if I get
moving as soon as possible. (Don't worry what you look like on the
street....I felt self-conscious some days until I came across a young man I
had not seen in 3-4 months. He was dragging a leg in a brace and had one
arm hanging lifeless at his side.....but he was walking his two dogs! The
story is, he had a seizure and was rushed to the hosp only to find out he
had a malignant brain tumor. He is struggling to keep moving!) SO CAN
WE!!!
Good luck!
Sherri