Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  February 2002, Week 4

PARKINSN February 2002, Week 4

Re: Fluoride ...viral cause of PD explored a bit

Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:10:05 -0500

text/plain

Jane and Edith and PIEN'ers,

Hi from the Coast of Maine....

Did mononucleosis,
or influenza A (flu type A),
after World War I,affect you
or your grandfather, Jane? Edith, I guess
you are a PWP -am I right? Or is it
your husband? Any history of severe childhood
health problems, with "flu bugs" ?

I am exploring the idea that PD is
a virally -caused disease. This might
 be true for some, or
perhaps many PWP's. Like
Lou Gehrig's disease, or amyelotrophic lateral
sclerosis, or ALS, and probably also like MS , or
multiple sclerosis, PD could be
a slowly developing virally-caused disease
of the central nervous system.

 Somehow, the substantia nigra area
would have been invaded by a slowly-
developing virus that eventually takes over,
changing the DNA instructions for brain
chemistry , but gradually.

   This theory would explain why amantadine is
effective in PD; despite having been designed
as an antiviral pill. Curiously, amantadine is
in common use. and it stops PD symptoms
or reduces them in some PWP's.

I am gung-ho for research in virology and
immunology to find the cause of PD....
any comments or thoughts on my above
questions, Jane and Edith??

Ivan