LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  April 2005, Week 3

PARKINSN April 2005, Week 3

Re: What has happened to this list?

Ned Gardner <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:50:40 -0500

text/plain

rayilynlee wrote:

> Dear Don and Dr. Bernie,
>
> I am the first to admit that my anger is not doing me any good.
> Believe me,
> I would rather be playing golf, bridge,the piano, decorating, gardening,
> working, volunteering, bowling, dancing, but I can't do any of those
> things.
> I can't even get to a fairly local ACLU meeting.
>
> However my conclusions about Bush and his cronies and their policies
> would
> be the same if I was well....having PD does give me added fire and
> intensity.
>
> Last Friday I drug my body out for my weekly trip to the local Red
> Lobster.
> As I was muscling my walker back in my car another car pulled up and some
> women got out.  One was  a woman with PD and  a younger one got her
> walker
> out and it was like mine - 4 wheels, a seat, but it had brakes.
>
> The woman with PD had the same passive expression that cancer victims had
> when I went to a "party" for them at Good Samaritan in LA when I had
> ovarian
> cancer in  1979  I fled the "party."
>
> I talked to the younger woman who commented how good it was to see
> someone
> with PD out and "enjoying life"  I didn't make some smart remark but
> gratefully received her blessings.
>
> What disturbed me was the expression on the woman with PD's face. I
> may have
> the "mask" too by now, but the younger woman told me she was in the early
> stages and I don't think it was the PD mask.
>
> If anyone knows what I can do as a substitute for beating up on Bush,
> let me
> know, please.
> Otherwise I will go down fighting, Ray
> PS - Dixieland music is my favorite, and I used to treadmill and dance to
> it.  Am going to try to get back to it when pool is done.  Problem is it
> excites me too much.

Ray:
Stop looking for a substitute for your  informed posting here and
eloquent letter writing
elsewhere.  I would want nothing to detour the flow of ardor you direct
towards the search for  truth and express so well.
Ray you are indeed a Ray of sunshine illuminating the sins of bush.
Please don't take my sunshine away..........

Ned