]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  October 2009, Week 1

PARKINSN October 2009, Week 1

Re: NEJM Throws Cold Water on Aztilect Study Findings Maybe not1

Scott Burnett <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:52:52 -0700

text/plain

Actually if you read the abstract of the trial and Teva's commenfs on
the trial, Teva cautioned not to over estimate the results, mainly due
to the 1 mg/2 mg question.  The abstract seemed to me to make a solid
case for the 1 mg dosage maybe slowing the progresssion of PD.  As
best as I can understand it the researchers are confused as to why if
1 mg was good, why wasn't 2 mg twice as good!  Heck I don't care why
it happened.  I just want something that slows down this damn disease,
not another drug that alleviates the syptoms and then wears off (not
to mention the side effects!)

Scott Burnett
7715 Heather Dr.
Stockton, CA 95297