LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  October 2010, Week 3

PARKINSN October 2010, Week 3

Re: Introduction

Deb Stoltenberg <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 17 Oct 2010 22:17:42 -0600

text/plain

Hi Sara
I am a wife of a PDP who was diagnosed in Dec of 2007. He was a heavy equipment operator so it was a stress fillled job. After they started him on his meds, trying to figure out the correct doses, he was very foggy and was having problems just getting on the machines. The issues at that time were his r hand shook and his muscles ached and felt like he had the flu. Since he retired in Aug of 2008 (had to) do to the meds he was on his symptoms have gotten a lot less. I think stress creates a lot of issues with PD. That is my personal opinion, not medical.
However he is doing an hour a day on treadmill plus other excercise and that does seem to help him plus they have gotten his meds leveled out. He goes to the Booth Gardiner Parkinson center in Seattle.
My mother sees a DR at KU for her heart. She lives in the KC area.
I think the hardest part is knowing when to offer help to a spouse, learning patience (which I have very little ) and that makes me frustrated, and knowing when and what to say to someone who has always been a very strong mans man. If you know what I mean?
I just hope I can be a strong person for him when he needs me to be. I wish they had some kind of support system for PD patients that were in the early stages. The support that I have attended are for mostly wheelchair, walker and older patients. That is depressing to witness, even though u know it will happen I dont really want to see it at this point and I know it bothers my husband....the inevitable.
Ok well I am done crying on your shoulder. Thanks for reading, and if you can help me or I can help you please dont hesitate to do so.

Deb
www.oysterments.com