LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  July 1995, Week 4

PARKINSN July 1995, Week 4

30 year old Parkinson's Patient

Don Berns <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:38:13 EDT

text/plain

Wendy Tebay,
        Yesterday at Loma Linda University Medical Center we had a patient
referred to us by Dr. Stan Burns from the Cleveland Clinic.  She is a young
woman, 30 years old, who has had Parkinson's Disease since she was 16, which
makes her one of the youngest Parkinson's patients I have ever heard about.
        Anyway the reason I am bringing her to your attention is that in talking
with her father about any possible causes for the Parkinson's Disease he
mentioned that as a little girl she used to love to ride her bicycle behind the
truck that would spray for mosquitos in Alabama for she loved the smell.
        She will be having a bilateral Pallidotomy on Friday with Dr. Iacono.
        I bring her to your attention for any thoughts or comments you might have
regarding her onset of Parkinson's Disease.

        Regards,
        Don Berns

Dr. Don Berns
4943 Del Monte Rd.