LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  September 1995, Week 3

PARKINSN September 1995, Week 3

Re: Exciting visitor !!

Robert Fink <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 17 Sep 1995 09:52:05 -0700

text/plain

You wrote:

>Hello Listfriends,
>
>Within a couple of hours I'm leaving for the Airport.
>I'm getting Lynda Hayes and hur husband Al from the plane from
Toronto.

>They're visiting my tiny country. Allthough it's a tiny little country
we have
>a lot of things to be proud of.
>
>High standard technology, hard working people, good sport(wo)men and
>beautiful nature reservates.
>
>I'm living in  the middle of such a reservate, but still very close to
the
>highway
>(yes we have traffic jam) and to the city of Utrecht.
>
>The Airport is half an hour driving from my place.
>
>Lynda is firing the starting gun at our sponsorwalk.
>
>If it interests you, Lynda and I (she doesn't know yet) will give a
daily
>report.
>
>I'm not sure if it should be given by the list or on personal e-mail.
>What do you think of it Barb? And what do the listfriends think?
>
>with love from a warm Holland
>

>Kees

Kees,

Just had to comment here that I found your "warm Holland" to be a
wonderful place.  My late wife I spent a wonderful week in Amsterdam in
the summer of 1964, and we had some of the best experiences there of
our entire European trip (our first).  I still remember the wonderful
food and the pastries "met slagroom" (lots of whipped cream for you
non-Dutch speakers!).  The people were wonderful; and the only negative
I remember was the experience of almost being wiped out by the
bicyclists "sneaking up" on one in Dam Square :-).

Enjoy your visit!

Best,

Bob
--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
World Wide Web:  <http://www.phoenix.net/~medical/fink.html>

CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"