LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  December 1995, Week 2

PARKINSN December 1995, Week 2

Re: Not even 60 yet

Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 10 Dec 1995 23:19:27 -0500

text/plain

Hi, Patricia.  I was diagnosed at 49 and am now 52.  We have many members
of our list who are a lot younger than you and I and I think we all agree
with you...we're TOO YOUNG for this.  You mentioned HRT in your message.
Some of our members have found that HRT interferes with the effect of
Sinemet.  Perhaps you could discuss this with your family doctor (or
neurologist or gynecologist).

Many of us (including me) are still working full-time; some of us are
considering early retirement/ltd, etc.

In other words, Patricia, you have joined the right group.  Whatever
stage we are in, others have been in, so we have the benefit of their
experience and advice and support.

Hang in there....we're all in this together.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing