LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  June 1996, Week 5

PARKINSN June 1996, Week 5

Re: Bathtubs and Shower Stalls

Myra Powers <[log in to unmask]>

PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network

Fri, 28 Jun 1996 15:34:14 -0400

text/plain

Thought this might be useful to others, so am sending to entire list: My dad
uses a tub transfer bench, which is exceptionally convenient. Installation is
very simple-- I did it myself- You place it over the side of the tub and it
stretches across the tub, so the person sits down, slides over a bit while
sitting, lifts legs over side into tub, while sitting-- very safe. My mom has
been using it for several years after suffering a stroke and my dad with
Parkinsons has recently begun using it too.