Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  December 1996, Week 1

PARKINSN December 1996, Week 1

Re: archive search for Olanzapine aka Zyprexa

Henry Guttentag <[log in to unmask]>

PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network

Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:26:31 -0500

text/plain

Dear Fred:
I belong to a group that meets every week since I have a 2 sons afflicted
with mental illness. A Psychiatrist leads the group and presently has 40
of his patients on the new drug (Olanzapine). Every week we get an
update to see how the new miracle drug is doing. He of course has only
had his patients on the drug for about 6 weeks so no conclusion should be
drawn at this early state. We must also must remember that the medication
in this case is only being tried on mentally ill patients by our
Psychiatrist.

The first two - three weeks the report came in very positively. 4th week
caution went up. Now we find that about half of the patients are still on
the old drugs plus the Olanzapin so he is concerned with the fact that
the drug might not totally replace the Clozapin or Risperdal.

Again I must say he does not treat PD which might show different results.
We were all somewhat dissapointed with the 4th week report. The drug got
such good revieiw b-4 it hit the market.

FYI
Good luck
Henry Guttentag