Milo Anderson's Report

Teresa Marcy <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Jan 1997 09:08:54 -0500

text/plain

I much appreciated Mr. Anderson's report, especially his description of
his efforts to control his walking to avoid problems.  The attitude he
shows here will I am sure hold him in good stead.

My husband also has atypical parkinson's, it now seems, although his gait
problems, as I said in an earlier post, seemed to be more the regular PD
problems.  What struck me in reading Mr. Anderson's post was the
difference between the way he approached the problem and the way my
husband did:  Michel would not admit there was a problem, and would not
do anything about it.  If he fell, it was, he said, because he tripped
over something that was in the way.  I can remember reading about the
"heel to toe," "big step" strategies, talking about them to no avail,
thinking that Michel wouldn't take my advice but might if he read it
himself (still to no avail).  Some months ago a poster talked about the
difference between denial and dementia.  I guess what I took for denial
all this time was really the beginnings of dementia which has become a
big problem since.

I admire Mr. Anderson and wish him good continuation.

Teresa Marcy