LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  May 1998, Week 4

PARKINSN May 1998, Week 4

Invocation at Ali Event

Karen & Don Berns <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 May 1998 21:33:45 -0400

text/plain

As I promised here is the text of the Invocation I gave at the Pittsburgh=

Ali event.

+++++++++++++++
We gather here as lovers of life facing a common enemy.  Those of us with=

Parkinson's Disease find ourselves handcuffed and held hostage by a
ruthless companion who saps our energy, debilitates us physically and
finally robs us of our human dignity.

We are joined in the battle with P.D. to "ease the burden and to find a
cure" by the likes of Billy Graham, the Pope, Janet Reno, and the former
heavyweight champion of the world who knows that P.D. represents only a
temporary defeat.  Together with the neuroscientists, doctors, politician=
s,
and the people affected by P.D. we stand poised to defeat this foe as we
enter the new millenium,.

Taking our cue from the Champ who showed us how "to float like a butterfl=
and sting like a bee."   We are ready to remove the sting from the bee of=

P.D. so that we can fly like butterflies.

Bringing together our resources we will continue our search for the cure
whether it be found through transplants, implants, neural growth derived
factors, gene therapy, new medicines, or a surgical procedure such as I h=
ad
4 1/2  years ago.

 Almighty and gracious God, Creator, Sustainer, giver of every good and
perfect gift, we join together as Christians, Jews, Muslims, believers an=
non-believers asking that you use the resources gathered here to help
deliver the knockout blow to Parkinson's Disease.

In the meantime  give us the grace to persevere.  Even as I give the
invocation today, we look forward to tomorrow when together we shall
deliver the benediction of a cure for Parkinson's Disease.

We give you thanks, praise, and honor Lord God.
AMEN

Don

Dr. Don Berns
110 Delano Dr.