LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  July 1998, Week 4

PARKINSN July 1998, Week 4

Re: New to Parkinson listserve

"Gina Cass." <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 26 Jul 1998 02:50:36 EDT

text/plain

Dear Sue and Charles:
Welcome to the Parkinson List. I am glad to hear you here. I am new also
having gotten here is Jan 98. I have had symtoms for 5-6 years but no doctor
wanted to believe I could have PD.
The numbers you see ie, 47/7 mos I am 47 years old and Diagnosed 7 mos ago.
I have tremors also. What a pain. I take 1.0mg Permax 3 times a day and
Sinemet
25/100  -  5 tabs a day.  I was already on meds for Depression. I am Bi-Polar
Manic.
I find the tremors are in my hands (Stage 2 - Both sides) my legs, and
sometimes my head bobs and lips quiver. For me the uncomfortable feeling is
ridgid. Can't move because muscles are so tight. I can actually look at my
feet and they are just in a ball.  It does have a tendency to get me up and
moving or just standing behind a chair so as not to fall.  I also get these
spasms mostly in my shoulders.
I would liken it to being asleep. That tingly feeling of numb. My toes are
like that and my calves. Like pins being pricked into my legs.
Since I live in Indiana I don't know of a PD Support Group where you are.
Sorry.
And same for the Shy Drager list. They will have to speak up.
It was nice communicating with you. I hope you enjoy the info and people on
this list. They are a wonderful bunch, who tell the best jokes.
Gina
47/7 mos