Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  April 1999, Week 2

PARKINSN April 1999, Week 2

Re: Here it is! Archbishop Desmmond Tutu's Prayer

Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:52:13 -0400

text/plain

Thank you!!

 Ivan :-)

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:46:01 -0400 Barbara Patterson
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>April 7, 1999
>
>Barbara Patterson
>Parkinson’s List
>
>[Parkinson’s Disease World Awareness Day Prayer:
>
>O God You are the source of all goodness, life, light, and health and
>knowledge.
>
>We thank You for all that you have given us so lavishly – food,
>shelter,
>life, love. We thank You for those who have loved and cared for us –
>our fathers and mothers, our sisters and brothers, our relatives and
>friends – others lack all of these things.
>
>We come before You as Your children who are suffering from Parkinson’s
>Disease. The world is not always as aware of us as we would want. We
>thank You for those striving to make us more visible. We, too, are
>human persons with feelings and emotions. We are thankful for those
>who
>have passed laws that seek to make Parkinson’s Disease a national and
>indeed and international issue. We want the world to know that we
>exist. We are here. We are not shadows. We are not misfits. We are
>human beings with a certain affliction. We pray that there will be
>greater awareness of our plight. We pray that our governments will
>make
>adequate funds available for research to discover a cure for
>Parkinson’s
>Disease. We are on the verge of a breakthrough. We pray for those
>who
>compassionately look after us and those searching for a cure. Bless
>their efforts and crown them with wonderful success. Bless us all.
>Pour forth your Holy Spirit on us all abundantly now and always.
>
>Amen.
>

>Desmond M. Tutu
>Archbishop Emeritus of Cape Town, South Africa
>Nobel Peace Laureate]
>
>God bless you all.
>
>Yours sincerely,
>

>Desmond M. Tutu
>Archbishop Emeritus
>Robert W. Woodruff Visiting Professor of Theology
>
>DMT/jls

^^^^^^ WARM GREETINGS FROM ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :-)
 Ivan Suzman 49/39/36 [log in to unmask] :-)
 Portland, Maine land of lighthouses deg. F :-)