]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  May 1999, Week 3

PARKINSN May 1999, Week 3

Re: 2 frightening deaths - details suppressed?

Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 May 1999 22:16:55 -0400

text/plain

Dear Harold,

Maine has a very strong and caring community, which is one reason why I
moved here. It unfortunately is not immune to incidents of hatred.  Even
PWP's can get stared at in a mall. I believe a positive attitude is the
only way to live.

But, I just want to say how supported I feel by all of you.  I found out
today that my friend Leon will remembered by his family some time this
summer.  Third-hand information says that he lost his life to a bullet
that was self-inflicted, but this contrasts a claim that he was
strangled. For me, the case is not closed.

The other man is still unnamed, and his death , still considered to be a
homicide, was supposedly mentioned briefly on the Augusta area news media
in late February. Again, second-hand information I can not confirm.

The consensus is to respect the family of my friend,  and allow time for
them to adjust.

 I never travel alone if possible.  I take precautions.  I am still
fighting PD vigorously
and always will be dedicated to the PD community, and I will be there as
much as possible.

I am blessed by the support this wonderful List shows to anyone in
crisis.

Thank you Harold, and all of you.

Ivan