LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  July 1999, Week 2

PARKINSN July 1999, Week 2

Re: PMID: silliness two [but important]

pdawkins <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:17:04 +0100

text/plain

Dear Charlie,

Hows the STN since your third adjustment? What are you on now?
I'm still finding the right dose of Mirapex-I got to a good balance and
stopped Sinemet.  It worked fine for six days then my neck became stiff and
shaky and my voice began to get tremulous so I resumed a minimal supply of
Sinemet. !/4 every two and a half hours.  On 1mg  of Mirapex three times a
day which seems enough. No side effects to speak of, but still stiff legged
walk persists. A cross between a nazi goose step and John Cleese.A far cry
from the Pd shuffle.
I hope they have found the right parameters for you.  Who did the operation?
Tony Lang is a guest at our conference and he is well skilled at Pacemaker
surgery through Dr. Lozano in Toronto (alledgedly the best equipped surgery
in the world according to one of our neuro's)

Good luck with the adjustments.

Peter Dawkins 52, Pd12 years, STN (the lot)