Pat, I share your thanks that we are finally getting to the cure - and with
you pray that it is in time for "us."

The "band-aid" therapy of the past has been driven by economics -
the razor/razor blade analogy, if you will.  We have the razor (the disease)
and they want to sell us the blades (the pills).

I think of how you and I and Dale and others on this list would be were it not
for these pills or "band-aids," as you call them.  Without these medications,
so many of us would be ineffective as fighters for the cure, and PAN might
not have existed.  Yes, I'm thankful for the direction that research is
taking,
but I'm also thankful for the medicines that have allowed us to get this far.

But let's not get carried away with this.  The companies whom we thank
for these "band-aids" have a strong vested interest in there not being a cure,
and they too are represented in Washington.  Our leadership and grass roots
efforts are still critical to finding the cure.  Let's not forget it.

Art