To Ivan, Greg and Hilary, (and whoever else is interested) I just read a book
called "What Your Mechanic Does Not Want You To Know" (bear with me it IS
relevent to the subject!)  besides detailing the many reasons the average car
owner does not always get what is coming to him/her, and is often badly
cheated, he tells WHY the newspapers and radio stations do not often EXPOSE
these abuses: They depend on the dealers, chains and other repair shops for
their advertising revenue. If an honest reporter tries to get the truth out
to the readers, it will usually not get printed. In most areas the local
newspapers and other media are very sensitive to anything that could cause
them to lose revenue, or political support. So though I think publishing the
petition is a very good idea, I don't know if it will get into the paper.
Greg is certainly right about criminals getting better treatment than honest
citizens, but why should Ivan have to resort to any illegal activity to be
helped, not that he would even consider it! Maybe making and handing out
flyers of the petition is worth a shot? It might be even cheaper than getting
it printed in the newspaper.  As far as the law office losing papers, I
believe that COULD be innocent, or they may have shredded them already,
thinking that they were bowing out anyway? I hope Ivan has the original
documents in some form, or someone else has a copy?  We must all continue to
apply pressure until the city does the right thing. I wonder what the
President would think of Ivan being bullied like this?  This might be a great
piece for Twenty Twenty, or one of the other shows to latch on to. Anyone who
has an idea or a connection, time is getting close!  Let's make this a HAPPY
NEW Millenium for Ivan and anyone else in similar predicaments!
Ken B