Don and other listmembers,(from Erika)

I agree with you Don,
    This whole situation makes me feel increasingly uneasy.
Ivan first felt that he was being discriminated against.
    Now it seems to me that asks to be discriminated in favour.
That is to say, it seems that he is asking to not have to pay taxes and
sewage rates.
Yet it appears that all other home owners in Maine are required to pay
these.
Am I wrong?
    In Australia when you buy a house, you check what rates and taxes you
have to pay and you budget for it. It is as essential as your electricity,
water bill,telephone bill etc.
    They are regular bills. If you cannot afford it, you do not buy.
However, some councils have pensioner discounts.

   -- Is the issue here that the Maine Council *does not* have pensioner
discounts?
--Or is the issue that the Maine Council *does* have pensioner discounts but
does not recognise Ivan as a pensioner?
Perhaps Ivan could clarify this for us.
    I wonder how many of the PWP's or caregivers on the list have great
difficulty meeting these tax obligations, but somehow struggle on. Or
alternatively have no other option but to sell up etc.
I very strongly suspect that Ivan is not the only one.

    There are also many many in society that have other diseases, other
disabilities,
that make the best they can of life within their limited means.
Should we send petitions for them all?

Also is it ethical to re-use signatures on a closed petition at a later date
for a new petition without asking for the consent of each individual signee?

Whilst it is nice to get carried away on a wave of goodwill, it might be
wise to get our facts first, otherwise this petition may become nothing but
a source of nuisance to all including the rest of the 1800 listmembers who
are now deleting, deleting.

Sorry to be such a dreadfully wet blanket, and awaiting a hail of
stones........
Yours caring (but can't get those feet of the ground)  Erika.