people will hear.
If we took the money we collected
from Pennies for Parkinson's
from walkathons
from tulip sales
(maybe some groups already do this)
and just invested it in CDs -
i am not advocating that we gamble
or speculate - just a savings account in the bank
for a little bit of interest - we would have
e'nuff money to pay for Ivan's lawyers
and probably hel out a few others with family emergencies -
who cant afford a DBS or pallidotomy, for incense
Or give a loan to someone who's widiw;s pension
is suddenly cancelled for no apparent reason
and who has no other source of income
 until SSI kicks in
It seems to me that some of the aims
 of the Parkinson's Awareness Campaigns are altruistic -
 but they forget the individuals needs,
the day to day struggle s of the man in the street.
Large, astronomical sums of money
 to build huge centres are all very well -
but that does not put food on the plates
of the people who have none
We need both
Of course , i am not saying,
Stop research, and care for the little man.
I am saying, Hurry up with that research,
 but care for me too,
so that i can be there
to partake of that cure
when it comes

May the last year of the century
Be the first year of the cure

Hilary blue (50/33/24)

PS i am not deleting any parrt of your letter, becuase it warrants readinig
agaiin, and again