Hi Don,

I hope your vity council decides that you also may
receive tax relief.  As far as myself here in Maine,
I think you are asking me if I tried to get in touch
with the City Council. I did.

 You wrote, in part,

" IVAN WILL HAVE
"TO ASK FOR A TALK AT THE CONAL MEETING."

The City Council was instructed by the City Attorney,
Gary Wood, not to respond to my calls for help.
My district Councillor told me he recalls a memo about this.

So for reasons unknown, I could not ask the Council
for help. That is one reason why I had complained to
the Human Rights Commission.

It may be because I am not from Maine, never married
here, no "roots" here except struggling along in the same
house for 15 years, eventually paying off the entire mortagage.

I therefore may be  somewhat less acceptable to some
of the long-time Mainers who are more powerful.

But I started the Greater Portland PD support group, volunteered for the
police department hate crimes community task force,
was co-Chairman of the Martin Luther King Holiday Committee,
volunteer  now through Ingraham Volunteers for ANY caller
 who is depressed or in an emergency due to
Parkinson's Disease.

Also help callers with their medications, try to
explain how they work, try to help people find
physicians and neurolgists and massage therapists,
or whomever they feel would help them.

Also I have appeared on seven TV programs locally to
educate the public. Many list members have my
videotapes.

So I guess there is a bigger picture that I don't
understand.

Too many other low-income homeowners
who would ask for tas breaks if I got them?

Perhaps it's about tax breaks, city finances
and loans and bonds the city needs for investing.

Ivan