Ivan,
The time for diplomacy has long passed.  I would start becoming a royal pain
in the ass to them.  They're obviously not going to provide you with the
assistance you need.  You've got to find someone outside the county Portland
is located in.  I hate the way this country caters to the common criminal,
but won't help those who deserve it.  Go out and stick up a bank and see how
many rights you suddenly have!  You'll have no problem finding legal counsel
then.  Sorry if I sound a little irate.  I thimk all of us List members
should buy a full page ad in the Portland newspaper detailing your plight
and try to stir things up.  Something's stinks in that town.

Greg
47/35/35