Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever taken Zanaflex for muscle ridigity?  I am in the early stages
of PD and have been on Mirapex 4.5mg per day.  The Mirapex is not really
helping and my neuro wants to take me off, today and tomorrow I am decreasing
to 3mg then on Friday I am to take only 1.5mg and call him to begin Zanaflex.
 I am a little reluctant to give up on the agonists because of what I hear
they can offer some nerve protection.  Does anyone else take only Zanaflex?
Isn't that just a muscle relaxer?  What about other symptoms, can it help
control them?  I would like to be as informed as I can be when the nurse
calls so I can ask the right questions.  I must admit to a person who has
never been sick, this whole thing of dealing with doctors and insurance is
really an experience in itself!  I am still thinking of the time when you
called the doctor you actually talked to the doctor not the nurse.  Now I
love my nurse, but having to ask him questions through her somehow loses
something in the translation!  But I am getting better thanks to this group,
I have caught her off guard at times when I ask about meds by name etc.
Thanks in advance for all of your experienced opinions, that is what is so
great about this group.

Sherry
49/48/43