Greg:  I have volunteered for the GM1 ganglioside clinical study.  I
have not yet received a decision but they have just received my medical
records from my neurologist.  Participants will be required.  You must
be between 35-85 years old and diagnosed with Idiopathic Parkinson's
disease, having mild to moderate symptoms and have not had surgery
related to Parkinson's disease.  You will be required to take an
injection of GM1 ganglioside under the skin twice a day.  You will have
to go to Philadelphia for 2 baseline evaluations in the beginning of the
study and return once every 6 weeks for the first six months.  In the
next phase of the study you can receive GM1 for up to two years.  The
office visits are required every six months for this phase of the
study.  There is no cost to participate in the study.  However, you will
be responsible for all travel and lodging expenses.  The study also
requires you to have brain imaging scans performed.  The SPECT scan is
similar to a MRI except except that the head only enters the machine.
Let me know if you have any further questions.  Joe.