i've only been on the net and in the group a month, BUT
somethings bother me about ivan's plight........
i believe barb came on once and said hold the cash and go easy and he had
received  probono help in the past and hadn't requested it again........
why has his helper left?, why has his lawyer dropped him? should he (or  you
or  i) be guaranteed tax relief when we own a building free and clear? could
he  buy a smaller place (condo?); could he rent out a room? could he have 2
volunteer caregivers (in exchange for lodging)....could he obtain a reverse
mortgage on his   house?
i wonder if the  city of  Portland is getting a bad rap  (wrap?)... they have
homeless and jobless to place.
i  don't know any financial details but must say in  honesty that my retarded
brother lives in a group home there  and my father in a city nursing home
(both of them well cared for by the city and receiving attention from their
relatives also). i have mentioned ivan to my niece who recently took a social
services position  in portland and am surprised/interested that she never has
 commented.
ivan knows the gov.'s wife; can call the gov. directly.....i can't say the
same for my state.
i'm not uncaring. i was diagnosed at 55. had to leave my job at 56. denied
disability. luckily i'm on my  retired husbands insurance. we borrowed on our
house (our own free will) to  pay  for our children's college. is anyone
guaranteed that he keep his house til death do he  part?
i'm glad ivan sings; it must bring him joy and i'm sincerely glad. he
probably has friends and support  there.
lets  go back to  sharing and dealing with  parkinson's.

i've very much appreciated the advice and support i've received  from you all.
ns