Shirley,
Sometimes we lose bone mass in the jaw, and that changes the way the
dentures fit. When the dentures don't fit well, it certainly can affect
the ability to chew properly. It would be good to be sure you're getting
enough calcium, magnesium, and vitamins D & K.

Choking could be a result of poor chewing ability, however, it could
also be due to PD. For this, your neurologist should refer you to a
speech pathologist, who can determine whether you are swallowing
properly. If not, s/he will show you how to swallow safely, so you don't
choke.

Let us know the results of your visit, we care!
Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs;"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease,"
J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/