Bill Bell wrote:

> Dear friends,
> Has anyone had any experience with the drug Mirtazapine.  It is promoted as
> an anti-depressant but supposedly also helps tremor.  It had not heard of it
> and am always a little leery.
> Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge, only two drugs are FDA-approved for tremor (other than
PD): Inderal (propranolol) and Mysoline (primidone). Inderal, I believe,
is a beta-blocker that lowers heart rate and blood pressure. Mysoline
is an anticonvulsant that is used to reduce frequency of epileptic
siezures. Mirtazapine (Remeron) is described in its PDR entry as an
unconventional antidepressant, and carries a warning about neutropenia.
Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694