I'm d oing  6 mg of Requip and 2  X 100/25 Sinemet a day. I had been d oing 9 mg of REquip and dropping down 3 mg made a huge difference to the sleepiness.  The extra 3 mg didn't help my symptoms much and made me feel really crummy. The  "just a touch" of Sinemet helps.  For  me it is a far superior drug but I'll keep  on the  low dose of Sinemet and the nasty Requip as long as my neurologist sees fit as he hopes it will keep away the nasty Sinemet side effects.

Marg Meikle   43/ 6mos/ 36?   (with a just turned 2 year  old son)

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of JIM CARTER
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 10:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: MEDS / TIRED ALLTHE TIME

I'm trying to get off requip and go on sinemet 25/100 On the requip I have no energy and am sleepy all the time. I've dropped down from 15 mg daily to 6 to8 mg. With 2x 25/100.
Does requip take time to get out of your system? Also is being tired all the time meds or PD?
is a side effect of sinemet sleepyness?

Thanks
SIR JAMES