Hi Carol,

When I started using Tasmar,  I was on one - half of  a 100 mg  tablet,
or just 50 mg per day. I increased GRADUALLY.

I am now on either 4 x 50 mg, or 5 x 50 mg, varying from one
day to the next. I have found Tasmar wonderfully helpful from
the beginning of taking it, 22 months ago.

I would function minimally ,  without it.

I also use generic Carbidopa-Levodopa 25/100, Sinemet CR 25/100
and Selegeline Hydrochloride 5 mg pills, all split or snapped for
various reasons. My system is usually very sensitive to medications.

Carol,  3 questions:
  1. Did your neurologist EXPLAIN why the Tasmar is being doubled?
  2. Do you also use Levodopa ,SInemet or Madopar?
  3.  If the answer to question #2 is "Yes," then
      did your neurologist explain why the levodopa-containing pill was
      not increased  somewhat, to avoid the freezing?

There are concerns about too much  daily Tasmar, so DOUBLING seems
to me to be quite a fast change. I could be out in left field, so don't
take my opinion as gospel.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

Ivan
:-)

P.S. Who was the surgeon, and at which Hospital?

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 07:41:12 -0500 Carol Gray <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>AFTER MY RECENT PALLIDOTOMY I HAVE ONCE AGAIN STARTED FREEZING
>EPI SODES.  MY NEUROLOGIST HAS DOUBLED MY TASMAR TO 200 MG.
>3 X PER DAY.  THOSE OF YOU WHO TAKE TASMAR ---WHAT DOSE ARE
>YOU ON AND HOW OFTEN DOES IT HAVE TO BE INCREASED FOR YOU?
>
>CAROL GRAY 59/22

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       31   deg. F   :-)