John:

I've been taking comtan since December 10.  I got used to it gradually,
beginning with one a day for three days, two a day for three days, and so on
until I reached seven.

My experience has been largely positive, though I've had some side effects.
I've been able to reduce my sinemet CR's (25/100) from ten a day to eight.
I have been a bit unbalanced and broke a bone in my hand when I reached out
to a wall to keep from falling, and I haven't done that in a few years. I've
been more forgetful (if that's possible) since I've been taking it, and,
although I'm normally pretty upbeat, I've been feeling kind of down.
Constipation is more of a problem, too.  And the good news is that I sleep
better at night, but the bad news is I'm more tired during the day.

My doctor says the side effects are the same as sinemet's.  I wonder,if
that's the case, why not just take the sinemet, since the purpose in cutting
down is to reduce the unpleasant side effects?

Pat