Audrey wrote concerning her friend:
His neuro said:
> is no cure.. the only thing that will help is to not raise the meds to a
> level that later you will need.

Audrey,

When I read stuff like this it just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up!
Hey doc, that really makes a lot of sense.  Hold off on the meds now and let the PWP
struggle along miserably, because the meds will become ineffective at some point in his
treatment.  Who knows when that will be?  Medicate for today.  Deal with tomorrow
when it gets here, if you get there.  Audrey, tell that nincompoop Dr. to medicate your
friend until he's comfortable.  I've had PD for 12 years, now age 47, and I still get relief
from sinemet.  I realize everyone is different,  but your friend has to find the right mix of
meds to help him through.  Hopefully, by the time he experiences any severe wearing off
maybe the cure will be in hand.

Greg
47/35/35