Ken, you remember when we had Hurricane Irene down here?
In September, I think??
Well, our electricity went out and stayed off for about  8 hours.
It got too hot in the house for our fire alarms, which were also
heat detectors, and at one thirty one went off. Took the battery out
of that one, back to bed.  At 3:30 the second one went off, took the
battery out of that one, back to bed.
At 5:30 just as the electricity came back on, the third and last one
went off.  Took the battery out of that one, turned the AC back on
and went back to bed!!!!
You'd have thought I would have been smart enough to remove the
batteries from all at once, but was too sleepy to think!!!

But seriously, everyone needs at least one in their house!!!

As Ever,
Marjorie
67/11