Debbie,

Have you thought of asking her to wear
all-weather,  70% polyester, 30% cotton
outer pants--the thin, shiny  ones you slip
over whatever is on underneath, like what
runners wear on rainy days?

 THey're VERY slippery.   Works for me.
Also great for getting on and off of
beds, chairs, couches, and armchairs!

And, Joyce could look SO-O FASHIONABLE!!

Ivan
50/39/36
:-)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:10:33 -0500 Debbie White <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>My mother Joyce (70, striatonigral degeneration) is having a lot of
>difficulty getting in and out of the car. Awhile back I remember
>someone
>mentioned a plastic trash bag was of some use. Are there any other car
>aids
>that would help? She cannot ease into the seat, but sort of falls into
>it.
>Her main issues are rigidity and no balance. Thanks
>
>Debbie White

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)