Sent: Friday, January 07, 2000 6:55 PM
Subject: Mirtazapine

You may remember that I was going to try Mirtazapine for my
tremor.  My
neurologist had me start slow (1 pill/night for the first three
or four
nights, then call him to determine what to do next - three
pills/day is the
normal dose).   I started Wednesday night, took one pill and woke
up fifteen
hours later.  No tremor during that period, but there never is a
tremor while
I sleep.  I got up at noon yesterday and felt very tired.  It
took a couple
more hours to wear off - then I was back to normal.  It was such
a knock out
I couldn't put myself through it again.  So, I'm back to a
constant shaking,
but I have some energy again.  At the same time I don't want to
discourage
anyone from trying it.  Very few meds work for me the way they
are supposed
to.
Joan 58/48