Ivan and Dennis,

I am choosing to reply to Dennis because I don't want to repeat Ivan's
letter one more time.

I am not a member of NPF but IMHO,  your (Ivan) charges against NPF are
half-truths and innuendo. Having intervened on your behalf several years ago
and having talked with Larry Hoffheimer as well as others regarding the
incident there are clearly facts which you omit. If you choose to fight this
(and it is not black and white) it should not be on the list again
especially as an open letter.  Do not be a divisive force on the list
Several years ago I was supportive to you- hearing only your side of the
story.  Your battle with NPF has no place on this list regardless of its
merits (which IMHO are quite limited).   It is a private affair between you
and NPF and making it public only puts doubt in the minds of its potential
contributors which no doubt is the purpose of you making it an open letter
again for at least the 3rd or 4th time. You have built up a following of
supporters regarding your problem with the City of Portland many of whom are
new to the list.  Don't harm the credibility of NPF once again  or your own
credibility.

I am not a signer of your petition regarding your taxes, because of this
previous experience with you but I kept my mouth shut because I felt that
the list was uniting behind your cause and overall this was a cause that
most of the group could get behind and support.  It was helpful to you and
not harmful to the list and I don't know the facts.  But now that you are
trying to parley your support into part of your vendetta against NPF and
Larry Hoffheimer,  I will not stand idly by and watch a replay of previous
list threads putting you in the position of the poor persecuted Parkie that
everything goes bad for.  Ivan, what role do you play in all of this? You
have done so many good things in your life, don't turn into the bitter
"victim" that you are fast  becoming.

Charlie