My mother Joyce (70, striatonigral degeneration) took a fall 2 days ago and
broke her clavical (again) and spent this morning in ER because of another
bad fall - this time to the head, neck, back. My parents live in a split
level home with not even one grab bar in place! My mother currently has NO
balance (she fell while holding onto a walker while my dad was getting
something in another room).

Not that they are going to listen to me, but I want to look into continuing
care facilities. My sister is in Conn, (near New Haven) and I am in Mass.
(not far from Nashua, NH). My parents are on Eastern Long Island, NY. Does
anyone know of any good places in these areas? Also, any general advice
about looking into such places? How to begin, etc. Thanks for everything,
Debbie

Debbie White