Glad Nancy is doing better with the gabapentin.

My (good) doctor I I had when I left the HMO said it is an anti-seizure drug
with known dosage amounts and seems to have a mood stabilizing side-effect,
but the dosage for mood control is unknown and can be much higher than that
used as an anti-convulsant.

I was stuck on twelve  300mg capsules a day for mood for at least 2 years;
other drugs before that. Barely took off the edge and surely did not help my
depression. I have gradually been cutting it down. This weeK I am taking six
per day and next week I am going down to 5 and so on until I get off it. I
think it may have helped a little cutting down on the essential tremor on my
left side, and it may have intensified the PD tremor on the right side. One
doctor said poohpooh to that and another said I may be right.