Dear listmembers,

  Charles Meyer, MD,  a  very distinguished PWP, and  an invaluable
PIEnet
contributor from Wisconsin, and I have been writing off-list.

  I am grateful to him. He has convinced me that, in my passion, I can
come across much too strongly. This behavior has inadvertently upset a
number of those who cherish, as I do, the cordial and hopeful
nature of  our wondrous interchange on PIEnet.

  I sincerely regret any discomfort that has been caused by the tone of
my language
in the "Open Letter".  I am sorry that  anyone  on PIEnet may have been
made
uneasy.  I extend this sentiment to all those at the NPF.

  When I wrote Mr. Hoffheimer , I asked him to be a peace-maker.
I still believe that he can create a conversation between both sides.

   I hope the leaders and members of the NPF will react positively
to this message.

   I hope that there are persons"out there" who know how to
create the opportunity for the dialogue I am requesting.

      Sincerely yours,

     (Prof.) Ivan Suzman 50/39/36
      Portland, Maine USA