Dear Listfolks,

WOW.

A year ago I put a long post on PIEnet  about
a Viral Theory for PD. I thought , at the time, that
"HDV", as I termed it, could explain our condition.
I postulated that there could well be what I called
a Human Dopamine-deficiency Virus, or HDV.

I stilll  believe that PD could be caused by a slow virus
that acts SLOWLY, like HIV.  Just as HIV causes AIDS
to develop, leaving behind HIV antibodies that cause
the HIV-postive diagnosis in blood tests, PD could be found by
a screening test, PRE-SYMPTOMATICALLY.

This HDV-test would screen for the HDV antibodies that one day
will inevitably cause PD to make its horrible appearance.

Also, there is not a single person I know who has PD ,
who also is HIV-positive.  This may extend to include
both PWP's , female or male, who engage in unsafe
intimate behaviors with other men, iand PWP's who
have  had  needle-sharing behaviors.

The 4 "gay" male PWP's I  know  from correspondence
on PIE-net are all HIV-negative. All of these men write me off-list.

This lack of AIDS in PWP's I know may be
more than coincidence.

And most of the PWP's I know never , or
very rarely,  get colds.  Some of us have talked about
this in our support groups at times.

So I wonder if there is an HDV virus that causes a common cold , or a
flu,
earlier in life, even possibly in childhood.You get over it, and then,
with no thought of a connection to that long-forgotten illness,
YEARS later, PD emerges.

Perhaps  as years of time pass, while the PD virus occupies
the nervous system,  it  genetically changes brain
 and spinal cord chemistry.  Later, even the AIDS virus cannot find
receptor
sites to latch on to, because  the PD virus has taken them over.
So the HDV virus would prevent the HIV virus from
ever gaining a foothold in the human nervous system.

JUst a few thoughts at tea-time from the far reaches of
the mind of a curious professor who wants his PD,
and everyone else's, to be prevented or cured.

Ivan M. Suzman
50/39/36
Copyrighted
 January 12, 2000

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       28    deg. F   :-)