 Glory has found it much easier to get in and out of the car since we covered
the seat
with a sheet of thick clear plastic.  The plastic we used is .016 thick and
comes in
sheet form 54 inches wide.  Costs about $1.50 per running  foot and for an
average
carseat requires about three feet.  We cut the sheet into roughly the shape
of a Malteze Cross with the center large enough to cover the seat and four
extentions that can be folded down at the sides and the front and back.  We
applied 1 1/2  by 3" strips adhesive-backed velcro to the plastic and
adhesive-backed felt to the sides and front and back of the seats to hold it
in place.  We have been using this for about
a year in cold and warm weather and it has proved very satisfactory.

Glory justs sits down on the seat with her back to car and then I can left
her legs up
and rotate her into the forward position and buckle her in.  Getting out is
just the reversal and usually only requires her to take my hand and pull
herself around to facing the open doorway.  The plastic is heavy and firm to
move on, dosn't bunch up and stays flexable in the winter and not gummy in
the heat.

We obatained ours from Orchard Supply Hardware.  The manufacturer is
Kittrich Corp., 14555  Londra Bld., La Mirada, Ca 90638 or
Keettrich Corp., 4500 District Blvd. Los Angles, Ca 90058.  Other
manufactures may be available.  Best local source would be general hardware
not a home improvement
store.

Sorry if I have been a little long winded.  I guess if you had wanted to know
the time, I I would have told you how to build a clock.

John Strauss C/G Gloria 76/20