Hi everyone, what a coincidence, first let me tell what happened several weeks ago., My wife and I were at a symphony concert, and during intermission I was standing at the rear of the auditorium, just happened to be standing near a walker with wheels. A rather elderly gentleman came up the aisle and was reaching out for his walker when he suddenly began losing his balance, and then started to fall over backwards. I was the closest person to him and I managed to get almost behind him and get hold of one arm and we both went to the floor together with me almost under him. Some other people quickly helped both of up to get up. I then watched him make his way out with no apparent difficulty. I do not know if he was a PWP but I thought of that possibility, since I hear about such things happening from the people on this list.

Then about an hour ago I had just walked out of a shopping mall and heard a muffled cry and a thump. As I walked in that direction there was a little old lady,no disrespect, she was about 4ft tall and 90 pounds or so sitting on the ground. I bent down to get hold of her and about that time another lady came up and asked her if she was allright and she said she was ok. I then lifted her up to a standing position and it turns out she was right beside her car, which she wanted to get into, and then she drove off, apparently none the worse off. The other lady who came up, said she had seen the lady turning round an round, for no apparent reason. But there again, I have no idea if she was just prone to falling of she may have been a PWP. I don't know if she was in good enough condition to drive or not. But she would not let anyone give her any more help.

So, anyway, I gave myself an "atta-boy" for helping two people just a little bit in a time of distress. I strained my back a little, but after a little rest on the floor I am OK>

I have only a mild tremor and have been diagnosed as having PD, so I may be needing this kind of help some day myself. I am just glad I was there in these two instances. That was the first incident like that in my life and it happened  twice in three weeks.

No, I take that back, my wife caught a heel in something and fell right on her behind, and I had to pick her up once. This was also at the symphony, and I just explained to the people sitting around us that she had too much wine at intermission!   :-)

Lanier Maddux   Chattanooga, Tn