Hello coleen;  to answer one part of your e-mail ( so what is causing the
vivid dreams?), I would say that there is virtually no doubt that it is
caused by the selegilene which has been prescribed for you. Maybe your
neurologist 'forgot' to mention it, but as selegeline breaks down in the
brain, it forms Amphetamine (That's right - SPEED !!) Many years ago, I was
prescribed Selegiline, had the same vivid dreams, and promptly took myself
off them. I remember saying " You can fiddle with my brain, but hands off
my mind!"

   You were put on selegilene because a) it protects the dopamine by
blocking a reaction which normally causes breakdown of dopamine. i.e. it
prolongs the time that dopamine is available, and b) Selegiline was thought
to be 'neuro - protective' : it may protect you from whatever it is that
causes PD. Item b) has now been shown to be a false hope (It took one of
the biggest tests of its type (The DATATOP series) and 8 years to come to
that conclusion. I understand that a lot of people are finding it difficult
to give up!!!

Regards,

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>  (59/39/34)