>Date:    Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:21:52 -0500
>From:    Brian Collins <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Lets hear it for Sinemet-Reply for Coleen
>Hello coleen;  to answer one part of your e-mail ( so what is
>causing the vivid dreams?), I would say that there is virtually
>no doubt that it is caused by the selegilene which has been
>prescribed for you. Maybe your neurologist 'forgot' to mention
>it, but as selegeline breaks down in the brain, it forms Amphetamine
>(That's right - SPEED !!) Many years ago, I was prescribed Selegiline,
>had the same vivid dreams, and promptly took myself off them. I
>remember saying " You can fiddle with my brain, but hands off my
>mind!"     You were put on selegilene because a) it protects the
>dopamine by blocking a reaction which normally causes breakdown
>of dopamine. i.e. it prolongs the time that dopamine is available,
>and b) Selegiline was thought to be 'neuro - protective' : it may
>protect you from whatever it is that causes PD. Item b) has now been
>shown to be a false hope (It took one of the biggest tests of its
>type (The DATATOP series) and 8 years to come to that conclusion. I
>understand that a lot of people are finding it difficult to give up!!!
>Regards,  -- Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>  (59/39/34]

hi all

we each have different responses to meds

we each have differing opinions on information and experiences
but unfortunately opinions are not facts on which to base medical self-education

i advise anyone interested in accurate med information
to search the list archives or pubmed for the medical studies and their conclusions

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0