hi all

At 12:44 PM 2000/01/20 -0500, judith wrote:
>I want to thank you for remembering Joe at this time,
>and also for posting his story so that others can
>hopefully learn from it. .. And questions still remain,
>but will go unanswered...

i feel honoured to be able to do it
and blessed that i knew joe if only ethereally

it's been a tough but ***never*** to be forgotten lesson
for all associated with parkinson's disease
that
ignorance is not bliss
and that
brain chemistry is no joke
and that
our strongest PD advocate has to be us and no one else

another lesson for me
was the importance of all of us "rallying 'round" another
regardless of the outcome
no one 'lost' here

and now, thanks to you judith,
i consider this yet another blessing:

>Eventually Joe sold the Shelby, but later he bought
>a bright red, ‘91 Mustang convertible.  One day I
>heard a - vroom, vroom, vroom - and I thought, what
>the heck is that noise?  I opened my front door to
>see Joe sitting in his Mustang with the top down
>and a big silly grin on his face...

the two individuals who i have proclaimed as heroes
both turn out to be car nuts!
is there a message here?
aaah, yes!
my favourite new metaphor for 'tinkering'
with our brain chemistry = tuning a fine engine:
don't attempt to tune a maserati with a sledge-hammer!

with love

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0