In a message dated 1/16/00 8:33:22 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Michel, i wish i could - get back to sleepp that is.
 Actually, i have had to cut my amantadine down to half - my ankles suddenly
 swelled up alarmingly - and nothing has yet happened to myh ankles, but i
 hafve had two nights in succession when i slept - the first night 5 1/2 hours

Hilary,
I have been having swollen ankles for the past month and went to my family
doctor who looked me over and said he didn't know why they were swollen.  He
told me to get some compression stockings which I did.  The stockings did not
help.  Yesterday feet were so swollen it was hard getting shoes on.

I've taken Amantadine for 6 years and have had no problems but could it be
I'm building up an intolerance to Amantadine?  Would like to hear if anybody
else has had similar problem.

Dennis
58/52