I am rather new on the list, but have been reading over Ivan's situation the
whole time on the list. What a mess for him. To think that he carries this
injustice and anger with him every day is sad. It is not easy to be dumped
on by those that you can not reach. I don't know who is responsible (other
then the doctor) but I pray that Ivan is able to turn this over to a lawyer
and rest some.
I do understand a bit. Four years ago I had a pulse generator implanted in
my chest and the wires attached to both chambers of my heart. Within seconds
after I was put on support of this unit, I went into grand mall seizures and
had six weeks of these. The doctor had the company techs out to check the
unit and they told him it was working fine. Long story short... I have lost
six weeks of memory, and had for twenty two months a defective unit and
wires in my chest and heart. The electric impulse to create a pulse in my
heart was incorrect due to the crystalization of the wires. After twenty
months of my health being affected by this, there comes a re-call from the
company. I was taken in and had to go through three more heart surgeries in
order to have the unit and two wires replaced. The wire in the ventricle
could not be taken out due to attaching to the artery by scaretissue. So,
they disconnected that wire and left it there and placed a second wire in a
less sensitive spot (still doing good). Turns out the company had received
multitudes of FDA warnings about the defectiveness of the products. The
company sold these anyway. Now, you would think that I had a reason to sue.
Well, think again... the company has what is an umbrella protection by the
US government. This is due to they create new tech for patients and so are
experiemental and could have errors. So, here I am now with Parkinson's,
several years worth of health problems etc. due from having a loss cannon in
my chest for twenty two months. I was really angry when I first realized it
all. but in time, I have found that I was done wrong. The company had no
right to do this to anyone. However, there is no way to seek justice or
comensation over this, so why live my life in a state of upset. That only
allows them to continue to deminish my life style. I have closed the door on
them and have now moved forward to deal with the life I have now and to make
the best of it and enjoy every precious moment of it. My husband is also
disabled and we live on very little as well. But we have this time now... so
don't waste it with revenge or anger.  Good Luck Ivan... I really do feel
for you. Kathie and Dave