Hans , Bob, VIrginia--

It is the brand new discovery and SHOCK of being
accused of SLANDER on our own PD Archives that makes
me so livid.  I don't want that to be in our archives! It
is completly baseless.

Can you imagine the long-term consequences to me?

This said, this is what I can do.  Three people I do respect very much
(Hans, Bob and VIrginia) say independently that the PIEnet is not the
place to vent my unending anger over the NPF any more..

First, just a small point,  I guess I did not think of  the "wiggle
room".
Now I know. Alas, hindsight is 20-20.

 YOu ask me to withdraw it. Barbara  Patterson, can you
please withdraw my post, and take it off of the Archives?

 At the same time, Barbara, please ask the NPF to let you
 take off the "Ivan's slander" post from the Coles archives.

ONe last request, about Mr.. Hofffheimer. He must withdraw
one of his posts off the Archives  It was probably in late  January,
1997,
when he wrote to PIEN that my descrlption was  (I am
remembering but not quoting word for word exactly ) a "fairy tale."
That was hardly a vicious attack on me.

I'm sorry folks, but I don't want someone who is
so cruel to me to represent us at the NIH.  I wish
I felt differently.

Ivan Suzman