From: Jim Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, January 18, 2000 9:10 AM
Subject: Seed Grants, Stem Cells,Anti abortion zealots

You are right about the potential stem cells...you want to
encourage...Congress.
The stem cell guidelines are intended to make it possible for stem cell
research to continue.
...it is the...legislators who weshould be attempting to persuade are those
sitting on the fence.  There are many anti abortion legislators who do not
have a problem with stem cell
research. Forget about the hard-core right to life zealots.
NIH, through a very liberal interpretation of the law, continues to do stem
cell research. Their
interpretation is that it is within the law to conduct stem cell research,
as long as they do not produce the embryo.