Bonsoir PIEN,

    In the process of learning about a PWP's options,
I have heard a lot about the pioneer of DBS,
Dr. Benadit in France . There is a video of his surgery,
in French, "Stimulation Electrique." It  speaks volumes,
even to English-speakers.

    Medical terminology is international, and
since latin is latin and greek is greek,
I could follow the scenes of the actual procedure, and
the discussion about his patient, a woman,  fairly well.

    I speak what might be called a garden variety of
French, the  in-town tourist class 2 type.
You can navigate  the subways of Paris with that kind of French,
but you may have difficulty following the lyrics sung at l'Opera!

If someone were to be interested in creating English sub-titles,
this film  would be even more helpful.  The film is about 2 years old,
and some of the French -speakers on PIEN may be able
to help.

IVAN

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:02:09 -0500 Jane Ross <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Don,
>I had the surgery done 4 years ago when it was  truly experimental
(SNIPPED)