Dear Fellow List Members:

As some of you know, about one year ago, my sister, Fran Landes, then age 46,
was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. It is my nature to relentlessly
investigate every possible avenue for information, for treating the symptoms
of this disease and researching and networking resulted in even more
questions about Parkinson's and the best treatment.  After many months of
sending out proposals and speaking with people from the major Parkinson's
organizations on phone and in person, I decided the time for writing and
talking was over and the time for action was now.

Accordingly, I incorporated in Florida a 501 (C) 3
not-for-profit organization called TAKE CHARGE AMERICA - CURE PARKINSON'S,
INC.  Here is our mission statement: to empower People With Parkinson's and
their loved ones to increase public awareness and understanding, and through
our combined efforts, source the funding to find the cure and improve
intervening treatment of symptoms until the cure is found.  Our organization
intends to contribute the funds that we raise for research to support the
work of existing organizations and scientists.

In keeping with the broad stroke ideas of our mission statement we are
planning   a series of days at the races ON TRACK FOR THE CURE all over the
United States.  We are working with national sponsors to optimize the value
of our event to our cause.  Join us at our prototype fundraiser, which is
Sunday February 27, 2000 at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale, Florida.  It
promises to be fun-filled and memorable.  Arrive as early as 11:30 a.m., and
stay for the day until 5:00 p.m.if you'd like.  Ticket price is $30.00 for
seating in the  Terrace Dome, lunch included, or $10.00 for clubhouse
seating, no lunch.  In addition to the races, there are many things to do
for you, for your children and for your children's children,.  There will be
a silent auction, giveaways, and a raffle (of which  more later.)
I'll be posting more information shortly, but write me at [log in to unmask]
for more detail more quickly.

We are also very proud and pleased to announce that TAKE CHARGE AMERICA -
CURE PARKINSON'S, INC. will be working closely with Kathrynne Holden,
registered dietitian, who you know  from this list.  She plans to be with us
at the races.

We're very excited about this first event and will keep you apprised of our
progress.

If you are interested in working with us in launching this event in your
community, please e-mail me off-list. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE WORK TOGETHER
IN STAGING EVENTS AT THE VARIOUS TRACKS SO THAT WE CAN RAISE MORE FOR THE
CURE.

Sincerely,

Alison Landes